Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Primary school planting


On Friday I went to the primary school as they were having a tree planting day. The grade 8s are leaving the school this year (the new school year starts in January) and the principal, Sister Hiltrude, wanted them to leave a mark. After an awkward introduction of myself, in which I had to write my name on the blackboard, I became the guest of honour and got to plant the biggest tree. This isn't quite what I'd anticipated as I just wanted to observe and instead had to give a little speech. Let's just say it wasn't a very good speech, but they were all really excited to plant trees which was inspiring. Every kid wanted a picture taken with their planted tree and as it would take forever to upload all of them, I'll only give you a few. In total around eighty trees were planted, which will make for a cool, shady school in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment