Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winding Down

Here I am back in Nairobi, after a wonderful few weeks enjoying the beaches on the coast.

New Years was spent around a bonfire drinking champagne and eating a fire-grilled Kingfish. We camped on one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen, falling asleep and waking up to the lapping of the ocean. Just beautiful. The newspaper guy would come in the morning, after the mandazi and samosa woman, the fruit guy and the fish guy. Almost like room service to our tent!

view from the tent.
And now it's back to city life. For my last week here I hope to pack in seeing as many projects as possible. I've been in touch with children's homes that are practicing permaculture, slum project working with organic agriculture and today I go to see a bamboo plantation.

The ideas are churning in my brain and I'm looking forward to getting home and putting some plans into action. I'm soaking in as much sun as possible now before I hit the Canadian winter, but am looking forward to being home. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment